The following terms and conditions shall apply to the Challenge. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By participating in the Challenge, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. Submissions must be in a write-up of not more than 10 pages long (A4 PDF file, minimum font size 11) which includes project title, background, project description, prototype proposal and cost-benefit analysis. Supplementary materials such as a video (not longer than 5 minutes) or a PowerPoint deck (not exceeding 10 slides), are accepted as Appendices accompanying the proposal submission.
2. Teams with technical proposals of file size larger than 10MB shall share their submissions via Dropbox and submit through email to email@example.com.
3. Any requests for variation of proposal specifications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Entries submitted must be the teams’ own project work or invention. Any entry containing any form of plagiarism will be disqualified.
5. Team members represent and warrant that the submitted entry is their original work; and does not violate or infringe on copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and does not violate or infringe on moral rights, rights of privacy / publicity or other rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the entry.
6. Entries that do not fulfil the above criteria will be deemed ineligible and will be disqualified.
1. The Challenge is open to all students currently studying in institutes of higher learning including Universities, Polytechnics and Institute of Technical Education and all engineering professionals.
2. Each team must consist of at least 2 members and not more than 7 members.
3. Mixed teams consisting of members from different categories are allowed, but LTA will categorise them according to the category of which the majority of the team members are from, e.g. if majority of the team members are from Universities, the team will be under the University category.
4. If the mixed team consists of an even number of members, LTA will categorise the team according to the category which the older team members belong to.
5. Teams can submit up to 2 advisors’ / mentors’ contact details on the registration form. If teams require a mentor to be assigned to their teams, they are required to send in their requests to email@example.com.
6. Each participating team is only allowed to submit one project.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid and disqualified.
1. The teams are required to present their completed prototype to a panel of judges at the Pre-Judging in September 2016 and showcase their prototype at the Singapore International Transport Congress and Exhibition (SITCE) 2016 which will be held at Suntec Convention Centre from 19-21 October 2016.
2. Judges are appointed by LTA.
3. Judges are made up from the industry, academia and/or government organisations in Singapore and/or Overseas.
3. The decisions of the judges are final and binding. No questions regarding the judges’ decisions will be entertained.
4. No team member may under any circumstances attempt to contact a judge regarding the Challenge during or before the Challenge. Any such behaviour will result in the disqualification of the team.
5. Team members who have any questions regarding potential conflicts of interest for any judges at any stage of the Challenge should address them immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. All prizes are non-transferable, not exchangeable for any other item and shall be subject to such terms and conditions, which the LTA may at its sole and absolute discretion, impose.
2. LTA is allowed to, at its sole and absolute discretion, exchange or substitute the prize to another prize of similar or lower value without notice and without liability to any person.
3. The prize must be claimed in Singapore and shall be subject to such terms and conditions, which the LTA may impose at any time.
4. Winners will be announced at the Singapore International Transport Congress and Exhibition in October 2016. Teams must be present to receive their prizes / awards.
5. Once the winning notification is given, any winner who fails to collect his/her prize will result in the forfeiture of that prize.
6. Any winner whose prize has been so forfeited shall not be entitled to any compensation, whether or not he/she has been notified of such forfeiture.
7. LTA reserves the sole right to determine winners in the case of any doubt, fraudulence or any form of disqualification.
8. For all prizes awarded to the winning teams, each team has full autonomy to decide how the prize should be distributed among its members. LTA shall not be involved in any dispute between team members.
1. LTA reserves the sole and absolute right to disqualify and withhold prizes for teams violating any of the Terms and Conditions.
2. To the maximum extent permissible by law, LTA shall not be liable in any way to anyone if, for any reason, any aspect of the Challenge is not executed as planned, including without limitation by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any cause of whatsoever nature beyond the control of LTA which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge. LTA may, at any time and in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Challenge, or invalidate any affected submissions, without being liable therefore in any way.
1. The teams hereby give LTA an exclusive, perpetual and royalty-free right and licence to use, adapt, edit, display, modify, publish or otherwise make use of the submissions (in whole or in part) in Singapore or on any media deemed appropriate by LTA in relation to the Challenge and for any purpose whatsoever without any payment or compensation to the teams.
2. LTA reserves the right to reproduce, publish, display and distribute information and photographs regarding the team members and their project idea, on LTA’s website(s), and in any media without obtaining prior permission or giving any form of payment.
3. Teams, if they so wish, shall take the necessary steps to obtain the respective patents or other forms of Intellectual Property protection for their inventions at their own cost.
4. LTA reserves the right to record and publish any of the events or activities of the Challenge for broadcast and promotional purposes without the team’s prior consent or giving any form of payment and retains the right to any material recorded or published as part of this process.
5. Each shortlisted finalist or winning team consents to the public disclosure of its members’ names and photographs for publicity purposes or otherwise participate in the publicity activities of LTA in relation to the Challenge and to the use of any data provided by such winner for any future publicity effort by LTA, without any payment or compensation thereof.
6. The team members agree and consent to LTA using their names and/or personal information submitted in the contest without prior notice or compensation for LTA’s publicity purposes and for future communication, email updates and newsletters by LTA for an unlimited duration.
7. The team members agree to assign LTA the right to share their submissions with IES, and will be contacted if LTA or any of the industry partners are keen to develop their idea.
1. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Terms and Conditions, LTA reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to amend including without limitation delete, modify, vary and/or supplement any of the Terms and Conditions without prior notice. The team members agree that the continued participation in the Challenge shall constitute their acceptance of the terms and conditions (as amended from time to time).
2. LTA shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any claims, losses, damage, costs or expenses in connection with or arising out of the Challenge, including without limitation the use of the prizes.
3. Should any dispute arise in connection with the Challenge, or with the interpretation or implementation of the Terms and Conditions, LTA’s decision will be final and no appeal will be entertained.
4. In the event of any inconsistency between the Terms and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Challenge, the Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
5. The Terms and Conditions (and all its subsequent amendments, if any) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
6. A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by the Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce these Terms.
Please email all queries to email@example.com